Skyroam Hotspot Global WiFi Reviews From Other Regions
- Skyroam Hotspot
- by Ian / 2016/10/24
- Perfect service.
- Love it!
- by MJ / 2016/07/14
- I bought a Skyroam Hotspot Global WiFi (with 5 Daypasses)through Expansys in Hong Kong and I love it! Easy to set up, easy to use. Only slight issue is battery life but this is manageable and I think it's a great product!
- by Thomas Koh / 2016/01/05
- I used it in London and Amsterdam and it works like a charm. How I wish it could be priced more competitively for longer period extended usage vis-a-vis alternative local data card e.g for 1 or 2 weeks' single location period.
- by Anonymous / 2016/03/22
- the device is good, can last for 8-hours long. However, I had experienced the internet speed is slow sometimes, not sure what issues cause this.
- by Anonymous / 2015/09/03
- Davvero molto utile per chi è sempre in movimento. Io lo uso in Europa e devo dire che la connessione è ottima. Un po' troppo cara la ricarica giornaliera. In Cina costa 4 euro.
- 24hrs across different countries
- by Rex Ho / 2015/08/25
- I start connect at Dubai airport for few hours. After flew to Brazil, it's still within 24 hours after connection start. I found that it is still allowed to connect until 24 hours finish.
- by Anonymous / 2015/12/21
- Great product except it is too bulky.
- Skyroam Hotspot: Review
- by Dr Peter Halliday / 2015/08/20
- Sir, Thank you for the courtesy of offering me an opportunity to review this device.
Setting up was quite easily accomplished. No problems there.
I have only tried it here in Hong Kong so far. It seems to be working well.
It remains to be seen how it will function in other countries. I am shortly going to Iceland and the U.K.
My only significant comment concerns the throttling back of speed at the 350 MB mark; from 3G to 2G. This condition was not mentioned in the advertising material. After I had got the device going, I decided to give it a good test by using one 24 hour package. Initially it worked fine and, yes, I did stream video to, as I say, give it a rigorous test. Lo and behold, speed suddenly reduced significantly - from 3G to 2G. 2G will not support video, or Skype video for that matter.
The throttle back explanation was buried in the FAQs.
I did not buy the device to stream video, particularly, although I need to do this periodically. 350 MB seems rather parsimonious particularly when you are giving 'unlimited data.' Skype is important to me.
Otherwise, I am hoping that this device will greatly help my need for data communications overseas.
- Very slow in HK
- by GT / 2017/09/13
- Using my Skyroam in Hong Kong has been extremely slow. I have been staying in the city of Kowloon and just using it with only one device. Not that I have been downloading movies or anything like that, just searching an address is either very slow or looses connectivity.
- Global WiFi Hotspot
- by Bilal / 2020/09/01
- Product is not working wasted my money on this.