TomTom GO GPS Car Navigation System – サポートフォーラム

TomTom all quiet- Say hello if you're an original user! [TomTom GO GPS Car Navigation System - 112333]

• Wishlist
  • 加入日: 5 12月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): UK
Well, I have been away a while, back now. Not missed anything I see! Nothing really new from TT anymore. Or anyone else come to think about it.  I think the fact that so many people have now got smartphones and apple i phones in particular, they have taken over So there's not much need for a stand alone sat nav. Having said that, I still use my 720/30 every day! I have a blackberry so don’t get a chance to play with an i phone. People that were thinking about needing a sat nav have bought them now. They work pretty well, the maps are good, so the need for a support forum has mostly gone away. In some ways, when it all didn’t work and we all had lots to moan about it was more fun. Looking back over the years, and it has been years, I wonder how many of the original Go owners still use them? I still have my one off prototype flowery Go for emergencies so I don’t even carry a paper map as a backup any more. I do still see a few original Go’s, sometimes in use, I wonder if there once came on here!  

Say hello when you pass by the forum you originals!

• dirtyweeraincloud
  • 加入日: 3 5月 2006
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Glasgow

Everyone else is dead I reckon. 

Guess your`re right.

Suppose if I wish to navigate, I can either use my BlackBerry Torch with the Gmaps or BBerry maps, or the HTC (which is still running OS 6.033 and v675.1409 UK map ) and still gets me there just as my 940 does with the latet maps and Live Services.

My 1st Go was a Go 300 then a Go 500. Jumped right onto a 910 then when the 720 came along(which I still have), thought it was a great device until the 940, which is my current one. Haven`t felt the urge to upgrade since that model so far.

Oh, and Hello

• Riverman
  • 加入日: 18 4月 2005

I often get to test some of the latest ones as part of my job, but I still use my original TomTom Go, which sits on a Nav Mat, held down with a ruddy great blob of Blu-Tak. I still use it because I have yet to find any other device with such a natural sounding voice (Jane) - soothing even.

Now for the gripe... what the hell is going on with the Teleatlas maps? They are becoming so error strewn that I'm sure that the updated map I have just paid for is worse than the two-year-old one it replaced. And don't talk to me about Mapshare - does it actually make any corrections at all, or does it simply make things worse?

Then there is the joke that is the Teleatlas error reporting system on their website. I have been constantly trying to report a map error on the roundabout at

51°57'28.56"N 1°12'8.27"W. The thing is, just try entering those in the longitude and latitude boxes and it won't accept them, even though I copied them from a pushpin marker that I created on Google Earth. It asks for decimal degrees (whatever they are) when its own mapping doesn't even use that system on Google. How the hell are you supposed to report it in a language that only they can understand? As a point of interest, when heading north on that roundabout, for around two years now, the TomTom has been telling me that the Northampton route is the third exit, even though it is the second. I obviously know the correct route, but it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when travelling elsewhere. At least when coming out of Stamford to go to south onto the A1 at Carpenter's Lodge, it no longer directs you onto the northern carriageway. On the other hand , it now gets teh Corby Glen turn-off completely wrong when it has been correct up until now.

Rant over - I think I will go and have a lie down :-) 

• ramh2o
  • 加入日: 19 5月 2005

Hi everybody, I'm still here, not dead yet!  I started with the originol Classic and then upgraded to the 720 which I still have and still use today, I don't need 'Live' and all that, so my 720's fine, I still use the map update service which I must say is a bit crap, I thought you where supposed to get a new map every 3 month's, it seems like longer than that since the last one came out.

I also have a Nokia phone with maps which is not bad using over here in the UK but a bit pricey using data in Europe, come to think of it I suppose the Nokia maps are the latest and 'live'

You are quite wrong Mr Wishlist, there will always be a need for a forum like this however I can understand that those with the advice can get a little bored dealing with the same issues over and over again. That said it is this forum that has helped me in the past and hopefully in the future and I trust you will never go away

Regards

Bob

• dirtyweeraincloud
  • 加入日: 3 5月 2006
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Glasgow
Well said.
  • Riverman
  • 加入日: 18 4月 2005
Just out of interest, has anybody ever notified either TomTom or TeleAtlas of a map correction and had them actually do anything about it?

I still exist, just am not here.... ;)

Pete (I need JD) Graham ************** Damn you! Use forum search!!.

• Stowaway
  • 加入日: 9 2月 2008
 Hello.  Occasional 720 user now. Might even be tempted to update it !
  • Stowaway
  • 加入日: 9 2月 2008

Eight or nine point zero two x ? Eightsixfivedot32four? type ofdare ..

or otherwise ?

• MagicianFX
  • 加入日: 8 7月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Lincolnshire/ Humberside
Hi Wishlist and all others, It seems a long time ago since this all started. I was there! It appears those early Speed Camera Idiot Guides have been of use to a few out there, so much so that Tom Tom decided to make them a commercial enterprise.....still waiting for the royalties:) from Tom Tom. I still use the original GO no problems with it at all (except a few crashes due to overheating in the sun) Best Wishes to all..... MagicianFX
  • Cos33
  • 加入日: 21 4月 2011
Hello mate just wondered if you can help me with my TomTom300 go i have moved to cyprus and need to up date the maps it doesn't look like i've had much luck with it so far can you help and where do i start many thanks in advance :)
;