Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Android Smartphone – サポートフォーラム

Gingerbread [Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Android Smartphone - 185317]

Kernels not withstanding, the Xperia X10 can run Gingerbread.  I know, because the guys at XDA have released basic source code which can be installed through Zdzihu's backup/restore util.  It's slow, VERY slow, because there are as yet no drivers for it.  However, it runs on the existing kernel.

So - I'm currently able to run 2.1 (SE), 2.1 (SE-lite, all the crap removed), 2.1 Custom AOSP, Jerpelea's current Miui edition (which has a bagload of potential) and 2.3.  This phone gets better.

Pete (I need JD) Graham ************** Damn you! Use forum search!!.

Quick update - the X10 I am using currently is running CM7 (Gingerbread) and it runs very very well.  Jerpelea over at XDA has released this today and it has been a breeze to install and use.

Give it a go, and give your X10 a new lease of life that Sony Ericsson don't seem to want you to have.

On that note, this is going to be my last ever SE phone.  They've screwed me once too often and with that in mind, so long, SE and thanks for all the fish.

I believe progress is being made on cracking open the bootloader as well - we now have a listing of the kernel which is further than we've been before.  Trip.  Excellent.

In regard to me saying SE don't want you to have a new lease of life on your phone, I take it back.  As is probably old news now SE have decided to release a version of Gingerbread (2.3.3) for the Xperia X10(i and a) but only to trade kits (Generic, unbranded phones).

For X10 users, this is great news. 

In other news - it would appear they are unlocking the bootloader on newer models of their Xperia / Android range thus allowing developers and those who know what they're doing to really mess with their phones.

Great news again, SE. 

• Step666
  • 加入日: 21 9月 2006
The new bootloader policy is good news as I'm about to get an Xperia Arc.
It'll make a pleasant change from Motorola's complete lock-down, though I doubt the Arc will match the Defy's battery life...

-Step666
;