EXPANSYS USB Sync & Charge Cable for iPAQ h19/22/38/39/54 – サポートフォーラム

Software required? [EXPANSYS USB Sync & Charge Cable for iPAQ h19/22/38/39/54 - 125937]

I was wondering whether it is possible to connect the iPAQ (I have a hx2790) to a computer via a USB cable (and not a cradle). The problem is I cannot install activesync software on the work computers, as wish to use the iPAQ here as a flash drive, connecting via USB and being able to explore the files on the computer. Is this possible?
  • reaper_gac
  • 加入日: 14 10月 2004
  • 居住地: in my own little world
Without Activesync windows will not be able to recognise the iPAQ at all. So no, its not. -------------------------------------- I'm in your base killing your doods!
So its not possible to use the iPAQ in this way? Why is it that a £30 flash drive can plug into the USB to transfer files, but a £350 iPAQ cannot !! Some major design flaw here if this is the case !!
  • reaper_gac
Its because the iPAQ works very diferently to a USB flash drive. The iPAQ is not supposed to be seen as flash storage. -------------------------------------- I'm in your base killing your doods!
True, but wouldn't it have been a pretty simple thing for HP to have built in to the device ??
  • reaper_gac
Why would they want to when that function is supported by activesync? Yeah i can sort of see your point, but what would you intend tpo do with it that you couldnt do by just buying a USB card reader???? -------------------------------------- I'm in your base killing your doods!
;