Nokia N81 8GB – サポートフォーラム

Battery Life terrible when in London ??? [Nokia N81 8GB - 159222]

• AmyMud
  • 加入日: 16 1月 2008

Hi, Another question about my new Nokia N81 - I work in the City of London, and my battery life seems to be absolutely dreadful when I am at work.  At home, in Hertfordshire, my battery will last all weekend without being charged.  Some days at work it doesn't even last 6 hours!!

I have checked, and I don't have bluetooth, Wifi or 3G turned on, although I am using Mail for Exchange software to syncronise my email.

Can you help me at all or shed any light on why this might be happening please?

Thanks!
Amy

• AndyGC
  • 加入日: 13 11月 2007
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Birmingham, UK

Do you have your Mail for Exchange set up on a peak and off-peak schedule? It may be checking for emails every couple of minutes during weekdays and not so much on evenings and weekends. This might cause your problem.

Do you turn 3G off? You might get 3G signal in London but not at home, that gcan drain battery, but not as much as this. 

• AmyMud

Yes, I do, and the peak schedule was set to "Always on" I have changed it and will see how that goes.  Thanks for your help again!

Amy

• mcgrad
  • 加入日: 6 2月 2008

I have read on another forum, that Mail 4 Exchange users have been experiencing really bad power management issues with other S60 devices. When M4E is uninstalled, power management and battery life returns to normal.

Looks like their is a problem with the M4E application. 

• AmyMud

I changed the peak schedule to synchronise every 15 minutes, and now my battery lasts for several days of normal use.

It isn't really the point, as I have push email, so I should get the email whenever it is sent, but it has solved the problem, so I am happy!

Thanks Andy!

Amy

Hiya, The reason why your battery might be going flat while in London is because if your phone has to search for a signal all the time it drains the battery. So check the signal. If you hardly have one thats your answer.
;