Nokia 6600 Smartphone – サポートフォーラム

6600 and Nokia Car Kit Problems [Nokia 6600 Smartphone - 105817]

• natcar
  • 加入日: 6 1月 2004
I have a Nokia CK-1W and have tried using it with Nokia 6600 (firmware V3.42.1) The call is dropped after a couple of minutes and the kit stops working. The car kit is installed correctly, and wiring has been double checked. Rebooting the phone gets everything working again which points to a bluetooth/software fault. Has anybody got a 6600 working properly with a car kit? Will firmware upgrade help? The hardware is supposed to be compatible. They shouldn't release stuff until it has been tested and works properly. Anyway, anybody got any ideas to get it working. Also the voice tag recogntion is the worst I have ever used which makes the whole kit virtually useless.
  • natcar
Spoke to Nokia customer "care". None of their service centres are trained to repair this phone so we are required to send the phone at our expense to a national service centre. If you are thinking of buying this, I would suggest you avoid it until they sort out the bugs.
  • stevieboy
  • 加入日: 22 10月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Surrey
I'm using a CK-1W with a Nokia 6600 and have had no problems whatsoever. Something must be faulty. If the carkit wiring has been checked then get the cicuitbox checked or there's something wrong with the phone itself. ----- Steve
  • natcar
You might have a different software version. I swapped the Ck-1w with a Cark-112 and it seems to be ok. The Ck-1w works fine with my 6310, so must be some compatibility problem. The voice tags still extremely unreliable, which means it doesn't work in car. I have no problems again with voice tags on 6310. Does latest firmware 3.49 correct these problems??
  • leof
  • 加入日: 1 1月 2004
I have the same problem with my 6600 it will not pair with my cark-112. I am waiting for nokia to contact me.
  • natcar
Leof - that is not really the same problem. I have not had a problem pairing it. Read the manual- to pair it you need to enter authorisation code at the prompt, set to authorised in bluetooth menu to allow automatic connection, and it should work ok. You push the joystick right in bluetooth menu to select options, which is the only difference from other phones
  • SioCommunications
  • 加入日: 28 8月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Scotland
There has been quite a few issues with 6600s not working properly on BT kits, it is a fault in the phone software, awaiting Nokia revising software yet again. I'm afraid that's what happens when you must have the latest gadgets and they rush to get them on the shop shelves before Xmas. regards Terry Visit my business website at www.siocommunications.co.uk Forum open for car kit related stuff http://users.boardnation.com/~sio_communications/index.php
  • natcar
Thanks for your help again terry. Its not really about having the latest gadgets, just trying to avoid points on driving license, as I need to take calls at all times for work. Managed to get it working by swapping it with the Cark-112 out of my own car. Voice tags unfortunately are too unreliable to be of any use, so the kit is still pretty useless. The current version software on this phone seems to have been written by highly trained monkeys, so we will have to send the phone back to nokia for fixing probably at our own expense. I need to know if firmware 3.49 is any better with regards to these problems before we go to the bother of sending it back as the phone (hardware at least) is otherwise good, and none of the local repair centres are able to fix this phone. Perhaps nokia should test their products before they sell them, and train their employees to fix the broken ones.
I have a 6600 with v3.42.1 firmware, which is working fine with my CK-1W. CK-1W fitted within last 2 months, so probably latest version firmware there as well.
  • natcar
Might be a faulty phone then, I will have to wait until the repair centres are trained to fix it
  • SioCommunications
  • 加入日: 28 8月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Scotland
If you want to avoid points on your licence get them to swap it for a 6310i till you get the phone fixed it works fine with the CK-1W. Just a suggestion.If it's just the voice tags to be legal you can fit the phone in an MBC-19 holder and use it that way as the CK-1W will intercept the calls. Terry Visit my business website at www.siocommunications.co.uk Forum open for car kit related stuff http://users.boardnation.com/~sio_communications/index.php
I have a CK-1W kit and a 6600 in my VW Beetle. It's not reliable enough to be able to leave the phone in my pocket or briefcase, but works most of the time. If the call goes to voicemail and I decide to press the button to disconnect, the radio is unmuted correctly but the call remains connected. I have had reports of me singing along to the radio and some large bills! I've had various other muting and call not disconnecting issues so I now keep the phone in view so that I can see what it is up to. The official 6600 bracket was not available when I installed the kit in December 2003. Perhaps it is by now? I got the phone and kit from Carphone Warehouse but installed it myself with the expert help fom Terry at SIO.
;