Navman F20 UK& Eire GPS – サポートフォーラム

F20 able to use ICN510 CD ROM EU Maps? [Navman F20 UK& Eire GPS - 141377]

• Qwertboy
  • 加入日: 26 4月 2007
I have an ICN 510 and I am thinking about upgrading to the F20 in order to make use of the TMC module and revised (improved?) software, but have some questions:- Having invested in full European maps for the 510 can I use the CD ROM based 510 maps to create SD based maps for use with the F20 (assuming I buy the PC connectivity kit)? Does TMC really work (principally in the UK)? I have asked these questions of Navman, but without response - it seems as if they are just as happy for me to move on to TomTom rather than reply with a sensible migration path...
  • k31th
  • 加入日: 14 5月 2007
I have just upgraded from an iCN610 to an F20 European and it is a lot better machine I can tell you. I don''t know if you can use your iCN510 European maps but I can give you an answer on the TMC. I brought one for my F20 and having read a LOT of other forums I knew that the aerial supplied is not good enough. The best suggestion was to get an external aerial and to use that ( which I have done ). The aerial is a magmount from Maplins ( part no. QT30H , cost £ 14.99 ) and you will need a Garmin BNC to MCX adaptor cable from Waters & Stanton ( part no. 010-10121-00 , cost £ 17.99 ). Like I say I have done this and my TMC always has a signal and it works very well. Hope this helps.
  • Qwertboy
  • 加入日: 26 4月 2007
Great timing, I have gone ahead and bought the F20 and agree the new kit is so much faster and the UI easier to use. Now I can go ahead and get the TMC as well. Many thanks. If anyone has the answer to the maps issue I would stil be grateful to hear from you.......
;