Motorola KRZR K1 – サポートフォーラム

COVER MECHANISM AND KEY PRESSURE STRENGTH [Motorola KRZR K1 - 139462]

• Sakis031
  • 加入日: 21 6月 2008

Hello.

Recently purchased a K1 and noticed that it's lid (the cover) doesn't "jump" opening but instead it is quite loose and requires to be fully opened by hand.

I had other clamshell phones before and their mechanism opened the cover fully, while the K1's cover is much more "relaxed" and when in half way, stays there and needs to be fully extended by me. Is that normal?

Another problem i noticed, is that, the key with "5" on it, requires a little more pressure than the other keys to register the stroke. Does this happen with all k1s?

Please respond, because i am in the period when i can return it to be fixed or changed with another device! Thanks 

• anitalg
  • 加入日: 4 3月 2006
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): fingers in ears singing lala
I think that all the lids are like that, it does seem a softer open and close. Why not try another one in the shop re the 5 key see if its the same?
  • Sakis031

Thanks, will do! Overall and after an extensive research on the net, i think i chose the worst motorola phone ever... I read so much trouble that many people had, that i am worried that, in case i exchange it for another, i could get an even worse one! :)

So, i am actually thinking of compromising with these issues and press the keys a little more, than taking the risk of having an even worse one... You never know!

Thanks for the reply though! :) 

• anitalg
Was there a reason you wanted that particular phone? Its been out a while now
  • Sakis031

I always thought of Motorola phones as good, so between other phones i saw, i chose it mostly for the great looks, the camera and the expandability written on specs (always keeping in mind that motorola builds nice phones and with no prior research)... It was "love at first sight" with this very stylish phone, but now it' "nightnmare on Elm Street", lol

I am probably keeping it as it is, with a soft flip mechanism and a key that needs more pressing, because i am afraid of an exchange with another device that would have more problems (radio, sync, software, charging, etc - all reported all over the net) and i don't have the time to spend on return-receive, etc... 

• anitalg
Fair enough. Personally i dont worry *too* much about what you read on forums, the nature of the beast is people only tend to write on them if there is a problem, not to say how great it is. Hope yours will be fine, if not see you back here ;-)
;