i.Tech Virtual Keyboard – サポートフォーラム

not all keypresses result in a character sent [i.Tech Virtual Keyboard - 110909]

• pinguru
  • 加入日: 3 1月 2005
I seem to have a problem in which sometimes when a character is pressed ( is that the right term for it ? ) I get the bleep of recoginition, but the character doesn't appear on my PDA. Has anyone else experienced this ? The PDA is question is HP 2210, and I'm a "finger tapper" not a touch typist
Sounds odd. Do you mean a specific key(s), or that at a specific time no chracaters at all are displayed ? Give an example and I'll borrow a 2210 from a friend of mine...
  • pinguru
  • 加入日: 3 1月 2005
Can be any key - e.g. typing a sentence into word you can get 3 out of 20 character just not there although all gave a bleep as entered. I'm constantly having to backspace to correct as I type, but the corrected character is then entered ok so it's not particular keys. Any ideas most welcome.
  • thecolor
  • 加入日: 14 9月 2005
If Bluetooth, this sounds like a recognition timing problem. For example, you depress a key, the key pressed is sent to the receiving machine, and then it has to send a command back to the keyboard to indicate that command is complete and a new command can be sent. The keyboard will still accept presses, just not be able to send through the last command until it's complete. With the non physicality of "up / down" equaling "off or on" like a traditional keyboard you end up having to wait; one for the sensor to accept your stroke, then send it to the receiving machine to create the character on screen, then telling the keyboard it can accept a new one. If you type faster than it can transmit all this data, it will eventually miss keys.
;