iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard – サポートフォーラム

ultra slim keyboard and Nokia N800 [iGo Stowaway Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard - 113674]

• ddpc
  • 加入日: 23 11月 2007

I have just got hold of an igo ultra slim keyboard to use with my N800. I have successfully paired the keyboard with the N800 and the keyboard works. The next I use the N800 it does not work I have to re-pair the keyboard with the n800.The keyboard appears as a Bluetooth device on the n800 but not connected. Is there a way to re connect without having to pair again?

Also does anyone have any tips for getting the sticker mark of the keyboard case? Not sure what sort of company puts a sticker on their products which does not peel off cleanly!

• Yoni
  • 加入日: 14 1月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Manchester UK

Not sure about saving the partnership settings.

For the sticker residue use warm soapy water and a cloth. 

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• alvb
  • 加入日: 22 12月 2007

For the sticker, I use a product called Goo Gone. Works wonders!

I just purchased the Nokia N800 and the iGo as well, but can't figure out how to connect the two of them. Any suggestions on how to do this? I am fairly new to the world of bluetooth.

Thanks,
Andrea

• Yoni

Have you managed to pair the two?

Yoni,
Forum Search

Dear Yoni

I have purchased a Nokia N800 and recently an IGO stowaway keyboard. The Nokia N 800 finds the keyboard but will not pair. Do I need the drivers for the keyboard? If so where do I get them from as the operating system for the Nokia Internet tablet is Internet Tablet OS 2007. This is not on the disc supplied with the keyboard.

Have you any suggestions how to proceed?

Do I have to load the driver via the computer or will the keyboard work without the drivers in the Internet Tablet?

Thank you

Paul Bilson

• Yoni

You do not need to install any drivers - the N800 already has them.

On the N800 go to the control panel and choose Bluetooth > devices > new

It will then search for Bluetooth devices in its vicinity. At this point - or even before - turn on the BTKB.

The n800 should find it - if not just search again. When it does find it a dialog box will come up with the name of the KB and a four digit pairing code. Choose connect (or whatever the dialog box says, e.g., OK, next, etc...). Wait a second or two and on the BTKB type the four digit code followed by enter. This should pair them. If not - repeat.

In the future to connect the BTKB simply open it and press a few keys (make sure the N800's BT is on). Be sure to not press the indented button, as I think this resets the pairing. If you have trouble just re-pair (pair again) the BTKB and the N800.

Yoni,
Forum Search

Thank you for your information. I will try that and see what happens!!

Thank you for your prompt reply

Paul

• leosgb
  • 加入日: 12 2月 2008

hi yoni,

i am running os2008 on my n800 and i cant pair my igo kb. it doesnt even list it... i opened the box added the batteries. this should turn the kb on, right? then i go to the bluetooth dvices menu and nothing shows. are there any issues w the os2008 release?

thank you.

I know this is for the Nokia N800 but I need help connecting my keyboard to a Sony Ericsson K790a. I just bought one, made my phone recognize it but it does not recognize what it is, just that it's there lol. What am I doing wrong?
I agree that getting any support info is pretty hard .. the i-go website no longer supports the device ( i think dell had something to do with it ) read the sticker on the back of the keyboard .. its in v. small writing but  to pair the keyboard .. or at least put the keyboard in pair mode you need to press 2 keys similtainously and hold for a couple of seconds . I personally have the nokia N800 and it works flawlessly .. although getting it set up was a pain  and only becaus ei missed the  miniture writing on the back
oh yeah I know I have to press those 2 keys at the same time...and my phone connected to it very easilly..but thing is, it doesn't know what it is. It just knows that it's there lol
but yeah I emailed iGo and they said that the product is discountinued and can't help me
;