HTC Touch HD – サポートフォーラム

Australia? [HTC Touch HD - 173812]

Are these going to be available here, or just in the UK?

If they are coming here, when, how much and what GPS software do they come with?

Cheers,

Simon.

• Yoni
  • 加入日: 14 1月 2004
  • 居住地: Manchester UK

We will be selling it in Australia, keep an eye on this page for more info on release date and pricing.

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

Hi Yoni,

Could you tell me if the Touch HD will be made available for Telstra Next G use, if so, when will be available relative to the non Next G version?

Thanks Waz 

• Yoni

We are still waiting for confirmation of the specs, Telstra will be running Next G on the 850Mhz band which is currently listed . 

Network
HSDPA/WCDMA:
(to be confirmed): 900/2100 MHz
Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
(Band frequency, HSUPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent)

Yoni,
Forum Search

Hi Yoni,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think the main issue will be if they are going to release the HD for use on the Next G high speed side. As I understand it, the GSM/GPRS/EDGE is the slow older speed format, which as you have pointed out runs the 850MHz, but the high speed data HSDPA / HSUPA / WCDMA is not currently spec'd for the 850 MHz.... only 900 / 2100.  When they released the Diamond, which I have bought 6 off, it was released in 2 versions, one for the Next G network on the 850 MHz 3.5G,  and one for all the other networks in Australia. Given that ther has been a lot of talk about not releasing the HD in the US which is also an 850Mhz market, I am hoping that Australia will still get both versions as we did for the Diamond. I am really looking forward to the HD, as I think HTC have finally got almost the perfect phone and at last a trully good competitor to the Iphone. It would be very dissapointing not to see it here in Australia. I know I would be ordering at 4 plus many other people I know are also waitng. Hope you can provide me with some good news!!!!   :)

Thanks,

Waz

• Yoni

I guess we will need to wait for the 1st unit to confirm.

But I suspect the ones we sell on the AU site will work just fine on next G.

Yoni,
Forum Search

Yoni,

Any news on when you will start selling this yet?  I understand that Malaysia is selling theirs starting 6 November (tomorrow).  

• Yoni

Dates depend on your location, please call you local office to check dates.

Yoni,
Forum Search

• berryz
  • 加入日: 22 8月 2008

I can see on your UK and USA website that you have stock to sell now. Surely you must have updates on when you will be getting stock into Australia and how much you will be selling them for, even if it's just a ballpark figure? The Aust. website still has no information what so ever.

I guess we'll see some stock when everyone in Europe and the UK stops buying them.

I think you'll find they will not work on Telstra, just the normal 3G system, maybe an HD 850 will follow later.

According to several websites the HTC Touch HD will be available from Telstra around Jan 09? Awesome news (if it's true)!!!!
  • ianl8888
  • 加入日: 24 1月 2009

Aaaaargghhh!!! The amount of soft-spin marketing junk here is truly vomitous:

1) the posted price of AUD$1500 is really offensive when compared to the EU price. I'm assuming here that Telstra (ie. Solly da Hood) has an exclusive supply deal with HTC for Aus because of the 850Mhz UMTS frequency issue for 3G. Expansys will be given retail supply after Telstra has creamed the Aus market ?

2) at the end of January 09 we still have no reliable information on exactly which UMTS frequencies will be available. Yes,  this device will connect to the Telstra 3G 850Mhz frequency (and yes, I'm acutely aware of the Qualcomm US Court decision on the MSMxxxx chips) - but will it also connect to 1900/2100Mhz frequencies used overseas (ie. tri-band) ? If not, it is then useless for 3G outside Aus/US/S Americas, S Africa

I bet I get no meaningful reply to these exact comments

;