HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger – サポートフォーラム

Orange MMS [HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger - 120563]

• jackmire
  • 加入日: 17 7月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): LONDON
Has anyone got this to work? I know all the settings etc, but cannot get it to work - probably I've missed something simple
Are you sending SMS via GSM or GPRS? Cripes! How many abbreviations in that sentence?!? lol Hope this helps!! :p
  • jackmire
VIA GPRS - BUT IS THIS RELEVANT FOR MMS?
I got MMS working today using orange. You need to do the following: First of all setup an MMS connection for the MMS Service to use, by doing the following - 1) Go to START > SETTINGS > CONNECTIONS > CONNECTIONS 2) Go to the ADVANCED tab then press SELECT NETWORKS 3) Your 6515 will be set to MY ISP as the top option 4) Press NEW to setup a new connection. 5) Call the new connection ORANGE MMS and click OK 6) Press EDIT to go back into the ORANGE MMS settings 7) Go to the MODEM tab and press NEW to setup a new modem 8) Name the modem connection ORANGE MMS and select CELLULAR LINE (GPRS)as the modem 9) Click NEXT 10) Put ORANGEMMS into the access point name then press NEXT 11) Put Orange as the username (with the capital 'O' and lowercase 'range' as written) 12) Put Multimedia as the password (with the capital 'M' and lowercase 'ultimedia' as written) 13) Click FINISH then press OK 14) Set your top option (presently should be ORANGE MMS) back to MY ISP and then press OK. 15) Close your connections screens Secondly you need to configure the MMS settings in Messaging - 1) Go to MESSAGING 2) Go to TOOLS > MMS SETTINGS 3) Change "Connect Via:" to ORANGE MMS (the connection you setup above) 4) Go to the SERVERS tab 5) Press NEW to setup a new MMS server, 6) Next enter the following details - Server Name: orangemms Gateway: 192.168.224.10 Port number: 9201 Sever address: http://mms.orange.co.uk/ (make a note of the port number, it is NOT 8080 as shown on other sites !!) 7) Press OK then set the new ORANGEMMS settings to be default 8) Press OK again to close the MMS settings You should now be ready to send and receive MMS messages. Note that MMS will dial over GPRS to connect automatically, but sometimes will NOT hang up automatically. Also MMS messages take an age to send and receive, so be patient, but obviously over 5 mins is too long ;) I tested successfully between my 6515 and a Nokia on different phone networks. Hope this helps.
  • jackmire
Thanks very much - worked first time
  • kotter
  • 加入日: 23 10月 2005
That worked first time for me on my Qtek 9100 too. Thanks very much; you saved me a lot of time and telephone calls.
Really appreciate this post, I have been on the phone to Orange and they are saying that they do not support the 6515 ?!? I am also trying to get MMS working on the O2 network with the same devices - any ideas on the settings for them? Thanks in advance Phil
  • cbeard
  • 加入日: 29 1月 2006
Thanks a lot for your instructions, ive now got MMS workin on my hw6515, hurrah.
Thanks for your help. I can now send MMS. As you said, it does not disconnect. Should I do this manually? If so how do I do it? Is it a problem if I do not disconnect eg ££ ? I got a bill for many £100 after a trip to NZ where GPRS does not work, and my phone dialled the UK every hour at £1 per call! Have you tried to sell your secrets to Orange? It would be a great help to their customers. Best wishes.
The HW6515 doesn't automatically disconnect GPRS. This is the same for a number of PDA phone models(for example iMATE Jam etc.)If you hold the "Hang UP" button it will disconnect from GPRS. HP have released a patch for this, but presently it will only work on French Firmware versions of the HW6515 !?! Even their helpdesk have no release date. Regarding the £100 bill, did you have a stuck MMS or an application (i.e. the built in GPS software) that was trying to automatically update ? I had a similar problem because I forgot to switch off my GPS autoupdate whilst abroad - it cost me a few quid too ! Regarding "selling secrets to Orange" - Orange only seem to be interested in the phones they release with their contract bundles (which the HW6515 isn't one). They have enough problems supporting their own kit at the moment ;)
  • tonyorr
  • 加入日: 29 9月 2004
Hi, thanks for the instructions. I'm having huge problems just getting basic GPRS working. I don't suppose you could write an idiots guide covering the setup of GPRS working with Orange? failing that, could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance Tony
  • Barkster
  • 加入日: 13 1月 2004
I have spent ages this morning trying to get Orange MMS working on my HTC TyTN, following the instructions on their website. Their guidelines say "In the Server name: field, enter Orange MMS" but, of course, the server name needs to be "orangemms" which I eventually found on this forum. So, thanks very much to you guys and thanks-for-nothing to Orange, who were most reluctant to help me at all when they discovered it wasn't an Orange-branded PDA as they claim it might not be compatible on their network, which as we all know is b*ll$@k5m but it was all down to faulty info on their own website. I should bill them for my time ! Thanks again Barkster
;