HP iPAQ h5550 Pocket PC – サポートフォーラム

h5550 wireless [HP iPAQ h5550 Pocket PC - 105734]

Hi, I've struggled with this for ages. Help! I can get my h5550 to see my wireless Broadband network but how do I get my h5550's Internet Explorer to work using my wireless Broadbad network? If I plug my h5550 into the cradle the Internet Exporer works fine but try to do it wirelessly and it won't do it. Thanks.
If your 5550 sees the network, then you need to tell it that it should be using your ISP settings to browse the net. I've just reset my hx4700 so will be setting it up again in about 10 mins. Will write down what I do for you. Pete Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
Done it. Go to Start - Settings - Connections, Connections. Click in here and then on Advanced. Click Select Networks and set them both to "My ISP". Ok this and soft reset your device. Connect to your wifi network then go on to the internet. If you haven't already, download and install Opera browser for mobile devices. It's excellent. Pete Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
Hi Pete, thanks so far. Followed easily as far as soft reset. I may now be confused about exactly what you mean by "Connect to your wifi netwrok....". After the soft reset I switch on my WLAN under "Wireless Control" and ent into Settings/Connections/Advanced/Network Card and my Wireless Broadband Router is listed as "Connected". So, believeing I was now connected to my Rpouter which is permanently connected to The Internet I wentinto mt h5550's browser and clicked on a web site to be answered, every time, with "Internet Explorer. The page you are looking for cannot be found." So, am I misunderstanding some networking terminology? Do I need a different network to mt Wireless Broadband Router? Can you shed any light? Thanks DERRICK
By the sounds of things you're doing fine. Can't think of any reason why you can't browse sites. Once the wifi network is connected (normally signified by the wireless network icon becoming green, and it showing "Connected" next to your router name) you should be able to surf happily. You may need to perform a hard reset on your device, get it back to factory settings but remember you will lose all your personal info and installed programs so this should be a last resort. Pete Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
i have had exactly the same problem as this for god knows how long and have tried everything you've said here and then tried the hard reset and i still cannot get this to work!!
Have you tried removing the battery, pressing reset 5 times then reinserting the battery and retrying? Pete Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
yes and the ipaq is now sat in front of me telling me its connected but "this page cannot be found" showing everytime i use IE (the only page it lets me get to is the windows default)
Try downloading Opera Mini - it's free and it's a FAR better browser than internet explorer on PDA. Pete Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
do i want basic or advanced and where do i copy it to on my PDA?
Get it from here Go to the section for PocketPC and click Windows Mobile 2003 Pete Forum Search DON'T be afraid to use it!
have downloaded cabinet file, do i copy the file or all of its contents onto pda?
;