HP iPAQ 514 – サポートフォーラム

Hp 514 Keeps turning off [HP iPAQ 514 - 146093]

• ickleLJ
  • 加入日: 12 9月 2007

Im really pleased with my 5 day old HP 514 however it keeps turning itself off! Battery can be fully charged and next time i go to it it's off! Anyone having the same issue? Is it already time for a firmware upgrade?

• Gordon30
  • 加入日: 15 10月 2007

Hi,

I have hadmy hp 514 for around 1 month, suddenly the battery seems to last a bit more than half a day and like you experience it goes from about 30% left to switching itself off.

U had any joy solving this?

cheers 

G

• Devros
  • 加入日: 21 1月 2005

How are you folks charging it? Via USB or via mains power?

Si.

• Steve.H
  • 加入日: 22 10月 2007

I have the same problem even with a fully charged battery. It seems to switch itself off when it feels like it !, very frustrating as you have no idea until you pick your handset up and find that no keys are responding.

This is happening to me when charging via USB and also when simply on battery.

Is there a firmware update to fix this ?

Thanks

Steve

• harri01

Hi,

I am also having this problem, it seems to turn off randomly regardless of how much power is in the battery and has also turned off mid-call and during charging (the phone continues to charge when this happens).

I'm losing faith with this phone now as I am missing important work calls so am going to have to switch back to my old HTC Tytn until there is an answer so any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

Paul.

• Devros

The HP forums also contain reports of short battery life - so much so that it's putting me off buying the phone...

Si.

• jack11
  • 加入日: 2 11月 2007

Hi,

Same probblem here, have this phone about two months and it started to turning itself off sometimes during a call. called HP support they advised to do a full reset. But it did not help, now they will pick it up for repair... about a week to 10 days means I have to get another phone... that was not what i had in mind so i guess HP needs to stick with computers.

• harri01

Hi Devros, I would certainly avoid this phone for the time being as it really winds me up when it randomly goes off and until HP can give an answer that doesn't involve being without a phone for two weeks I would be inclinded to buy a HTC phone instead.

Harri.

• Devros

Too late, eXpansys delivered mine on Tuesday. It'll be 72 hours without shutting off by 10 tonight...

Si 

;