Handspring Treo 600 TrendTalk Installation Car Kit – サポートフォーラム

Treo 600 Car Kit [Handspring Treo 600 TrendTalk Installation Car Kit - 108916]

• gibsonm
  • 加入日: 16 9月 2004
I have a Treo 600 (Software version 1.12 ROW, Hardware: B) and the THB car kit and suffer the same issues as listed on another thread. My problem is I dont have the Car Kit application at all and the PalmOne and other sites dont list an update for Telstra (my provider). The site suggests what to do if you have various versions of the Car Kit application but not where or how to get it in the first place. I notice solutions listed on another thread include turning off the keyboard application - but I dont have that either so Im assuming that isnt the issue. Emails / calls to the distributor refer me to PalmOne. Emails / calls to the PalmOne refer me to THB. Emails to THB go unanswered (havent tried an international phone call yet). I have spent a fair amount of $ buying and installing this thing and I cant believe the Australian distributor (not, BTW, eXpansys Australia) sells it without software (or at least a URL to where I could get it). Anyone know where I can get the blessed software from ?????
  • justcarkits
  • 加入日: 13 1月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Slough, Berks
Couple of things that should help: With hardware B version the car kit application is already in the ROM on the phone. From the "All" screen press Menu then App/Info - scroll down and you should find the CarKit app is in the list. What is the problem you are experiencing with the car kit ? Is it that the micrphone works and you cannot hear the other person ? Does the battery charge successfully - with the ignition on (depending on who wired it in). Assuming that the above is the situation, when you next hot-sync install the Portable Keyboard app and then turn it off in the "All" screen - this should cure it. "Emails / calls to the distributor refer me to PalmOne." & "Emails / calls to the PalmOne refer me to THB" - Yes, in the UK they do the same thing (as well as Orange). Totally appaling support for the product. Links for downloads: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/treo/treo_600_updater.html Pick "International/Generic" Have a look at: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/treo/carkitapp.html www.justcarkits.co.uk email: sales@justcarkits.co.uk Tel: 01753-673500
  • gibsonm
Ah, silly me was looking for an icon. OK have CarKit on the phone in the all list. Problems: Yes microphone works but only internal (i.e handset) speaker works, not the one built into the car kit itself. Not sure about charging but I suspect it doesnt. OK $64,000 question, where do I get the Portable Keyboard app from? Will also try the URLs you mentioned in case it is there. Thanks for answering me (best support Ive had for this product yet - and it comes from the other side of the planet)!
  • gibsonm
By George I think Ive got it !!!! Downloaded the carkit patch (to ver 3) from http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/treo/carkitapp.html synced Then downloaded the portable keyboard driver from http://www.palmone.com/us/support/downloads/treo/treo600_kb_driver.html and reset Then went to Applications all and turned it off (via the gui - double tapped and selected off - Im guessing thats correct) Went out to the car (2255 here now) and rang home. When my not so happy wife answered, I selected speaker phone and both mic and speaker work fine !!! When the sun comes up Ill start the car and see if the charging works. Thanks again for all your help and pointers. I suppose I should send this off to the local distributers too (might save some other poor sap some running around).
  • gibsonm
OK. All running fine now. I hadnt properly seated the phone in the cradle. It now charges, there is now echo and I dont need to click on speaker phone to use the cradles speaker, it uses it automatically. Thanks again
  • silvz
  • 加入日: 18 11月 2004
Has anyone managed to get their mics to sound louder?? mine still sounds like the mic is outside the car!!
  • justcarkits
  • 加入日: 13 1月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Slough, Berks
The microphone on the THB kit is directional - make sure you have the grille pointing to where you would normally sit. www.justcarkits.co.uk
  • DR1
  • 加入日: 7 12月 2004
I have found the perfect solution for treo 600 in car kit.LESS than AU$150.00.Its available from JAYCAR electronics in Aust. It consists of a replacement rear view mirror, (just clips over) & has mic. speaker,short voice note recorder, and a choice to use hands free or with included retractable earpiece,just plug the cord into the earphone & the cigarette socket & you're done. You can answer/ receive calls with a button on the mirror OR on the phone. The output Volume & mic Volume are fully adjustable when installed & it comes with adapters for 4pin Nokia & the funny Seimens phone plug.Install it yourself in 5 mins, & no downloads or changes to phone required.I had tried Jabra bluetooth for car & the thing went flat after about 30 mins, & too many switches to use.
;