Handspring Treo 270 – サポートフォーラム

My new Treo 270 wont connect [Handspring Treo 270 - 103310]

Hi. No matter what settings I try I can't get my new 270 from Expansys to work on O2 GPRS. They (O2) have confirmed that GPRS is enabled on my account and "it's all OK at their end". I do get the GPRS reception symbol on the Treo. It seems to almost connect, starts to sign on, and then fails with a variety of "GPRS failed" messages. Any ideas p-l-e-a-s-e, it's very frustrating as GPRS is one of the main reasons we bought the Treo - (and it was a birthday present for my wife to keep in touch with work messages whilst out and about, and I'm getting the flak for it not working!!!). Thanks.
  • Mahesh
  • 加入日: 14 4月 2003
  • 居住地: Liverpool, UK
What settings do you have at the moment ? Do you have any other device in which you can confirm that GPRS is working ? -- Mahesh - eXpansys
Hello Mahesh. No I dont have access to any other GPRS device. Settings below. Hope that helps. Peter Settings are - In network preferences: connection = GPRS username = web (have tried others as well eg user, username etc). password = password (have also tried no password, ie unnassigned on screen) APN mobile.o2.co.uk in details section: fallback = none in advanced section: IP address = ticked for automatic (have also tried unticking and entering primary DNS) Query DNS = unticked, and two DNS entered: Primary 193.113.200.200 Secondary 193.113.200.201
  • Mahesh
That's the correct settings as far as I know. Also with Palm devices I've noticed that you'll have to go into every applications that require internet access and select the connection name you want to use else it defaults to the inbuilt one which will have the wrong details. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
Only application I'm using (or trying to use) Mahesh for internet is the inbuilt Blazer browser. It's all configured as it should be from what you and O2 say, but it just don't happen. That is very disappointing as it is clearly listed as a capability of the 270 on the Expansys sales page** for the device .......... wouldn't have bought it if I had known it was going to be this difficult! ** Now you can access the web from just about everywherein full colour. Every Treo 270 communicator comes with Blazerthe award-winning wireless web browserso you can surf virtually any web site ......... hmmm .......
  • Mahesh
I have not used the Treo 270 in ages, I'll double check and post the settings as soon as I can. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
Any joy Mahesh? One things for sure, O2 don't seem to be able to grasp / solve the problem. Whatever APN I try at their suggestion, I still get APN error messages when I try to connect. Could it be something to do with the port number - although if it is it's not obvious how to change this from the Treo menus or handbook ....
  • Mahesh
Have not managed to get hold of one yet, will chase people up now. Apologies for the delay. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Swan
  • 加入日: 4 7月 2004
Hi Peter, Try: http://www.mobileshop.org/usertech/gprssettings.htm There are several passwords you can use depending on your account type. I don't use but hope it helps... Swan (Who is also called Pete :)
Thanks Swan / Pete for the website - tried all those and all combination, but still wont connect, still fails with APN error messages every time. Hmmm Mahesh - have you found the answer for me yet?
Hello Mahesh / everyone - two months down the line of trying to connect the Treo 270 to O2 GPRS - and guess what - it still wont connect. Mahesh - have you managed to get hold of one to try yet ......... after all this time there must be one around somewhere?
  • Mahesh
Peter - Apologies for the delay, but I could not find one. We have discontinued it ... I'm still trying to find if we have any "lying" around. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
;