Freestyle iPod Multi Charger – サポートフォーラム

faulty charger? [Freestyle iPod Multi Charger - 127965]

• Shemesh
  • 加入日: 25 5月 2006
I bought a Freestyle ipod charger but it doesn't work with my 40Gb Third generation ipod. Charging via PC USB does not work, the ipod does not charge. When plugged into the mains the light on the charger comes on but still no charging. Haven't tried the car charger but it would use the same cable as USB. Is this a faulty charger, maybe the cable, or is it incompatible with my ipod? Replace or refund?
  • Yoni
  • 加入日: 14 1月 2004
  • 居住地: Manchester UK
Sounds like the cable may be at fault, contact the sale team on 0161 868 0868 to arrange a replacement. Yoni, eXpansys Product Support, Forum Search
  • Shemesh
  • 加入日: 25 5月 2006
Update: My friend has the same charger and I tried it on my ipod but it also doesn't work. On both chargers devices the charger light shows green when connected to my third generation ipod. Third generation ipod, version with docking station, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:3G_ipod_in_dock.jpg On my friend's more recent ipod the charger light goes red and it seems to work. My conclusion is that the charger is not compatible with Third Generation ipods like mine even though it says it is. Update: I looked it up and the Freeview charger only provides 5 volts (USB standard) but third generation ipods can only be charged at firewire voltage of 8 to 12 volts plus. This charger cannot charge third generation ipods, although it may run it without charging, so the product description should be updated accordingly. I will return for refund. Thanks
;