Yesterday finally my MusicPal arrived (ordered end of July), but I cannot get it to work for me. My configuration is as follows:
- Freecom Storage Gateway (FSG-3 250 GB) is the hub in my network (central storage of all files, with My Documents pointing to it).
- It runs TwonkyVision Mediaserver with all options enabled (i.e. open to the outside world)
- Configured as switch instead of router
- No DHCP (use another router instead)
- It's the two year old no-wireless version, running firmware version 3.3.9
- Connected to Sweex router with DHCP enabled:
- Uses MAC address control to assign ip-addresses and connections to the outside (internet)
- This connects to an Alcatel Speedtouch home adsl modem
- LAN contains up to 10 pc's/laptops running Win2k, WinXP, WinXPmediacenter, Ubuntu Linux
The symptoms I see:
An ip address is dynamically assigned, but it cannot be reached by the Network Storage Assistant, although it´s presence is noticed, but with the wrong IP address (ending at 23 instead of the assigned 26). Tried this from a Win2k and a WinXPmediacenter pc. Neither is it possible to connect to it by a browser (not as http and neither as https). It says it cannot reach the mediaserver (No Server found), neither internet radio.
Any suggestions are welcome!