D-Link DWL-G520M Wireless 108G MIMO Desktop Adaptor – サポートフォーラム

DWL-G520M "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" [D-Link DWL-G520M Wireless 108G MIMO Desktop Adaptor - 130325]

Hi all - spent many hours on this one and my 1st post - please help! I've done everything i can think of to resolve this problem. I'm running a new Dell 5150 - usual specs of modern machine - xp media centre - 2.8ghz - 1 gig ram. I have installed 2 of these cards in the past without drama. With the new card, I installed the software that came with the PCI card, restarted the machine, inserted the card. Booted machine - logged into windows - windows did not detect any new devices. I manually added the card - restarted machine. All i get is this This device cannot start. (Code 10)error and yellow exclamation mark beside the card in device manager. Here is what i have done to try resolve the problem:- Logged in safe mode, removed all software for card references in device manager - re-installed software and card - no luck. Uninstalled card and software - changed PCI slots - re-installed software and card - no luck. Uninstalled all again, cleared NVRAM, updated BIOS - installed all again, still no luck. i took out all other PCI cards except DWL-G520M and video card - formatted the drive - complete re-install of XP media centre - still no luck. Also tried with combination of stopping wireless zero configuration Got involved in some tech support tennis between D-Link and Dell.... I have 2 of these cards, so i tried the other - same error message. After reading this forum - thanks for all the info - i think i will try use the USR drivers and cross the fingers..... I tried the URS driver - this did not help. Also, when going into the BIOS setup - the PCI information says that the slot that the card is inserted in is empty. I'm pretty stuck on this one!
Problem solved - if you have a new Dell you will more than likely suffer the same fate with any PCI card you install - the new casing prevents the card from completely being inserted into the pci slot - when you install the card, it appears that the card has clicked fully into place... this is not the case. I solved the problem by bending the metal backing plate of the pci card a little to give the card a little further reach into the pci slot all fixed - it was not a very satisfying solution after that much time - i was hoping to "tweak" something - but brute for prevailed..... When i say i bent the metal backing plate - i am talking about the small side of the backing plate that you would usually put the screw into to fix the card in place - i bent this so the angle was slightly over 90 degrees, hence giving further reach into the slot. Attempt at your own risk.... it worked for me.
;