D-Link DBT-900AP Bluetooth - LAN Access Point – サポートフォーラム

Hard coded bluetooth PIN [D-Link DBT-900AP Bluetooth - LAN Access Point - 110528]

• sdunne
  • 加入日: 19 2月 2004
I've just received a DBT-900AP for home use, and on reading the manual I see no way to change the PIN away from the default value "root". Is this correct ??
  • sdunne
Any chance of Tech Support deigning to reply ?? As the vendor you are the first port of call. [edited to add] Any other potential expansys customers take note and draw your own conclusions :-( At least the returns policy is OK during the first 2 weeks.
I also received a DBT-900AP and found the pin to be set at "root" with many pocket pc's requiring 4 numbers setting this up was unsuccessful for dell axim x5 but ipaq h1940 was able to reconise the letters.I then tried to contact the manufacturers on 0207-365-8444 who according to their web page delt with wireless ? on getting through however I was informed that they did not have that model on there lists and could not advise me and sugested I call london on 0845 -0800-288 witch I did an was informed that there was a new free number to call for all wireless which was 0800-917-5063 then a recorded voice informed me that the number had been changed to 0207-365-8440,so I phoned the london number again and connected and then informed I was 2nd in line,I was repeatedly offered to leave my number for a callback which I declined and was cut off after about 10 minutes. Not very satisfactory how about tech support contacting "somebody" at D-LINK so that we can get some answers and a firmware update to allow a change of password.
  • vorlon2261
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Melbourne, Australia
Got to admit, this one is not a pretty sight... This has got to make it the single most hackable piece of hardware its ever been my misfortune to trial. I mean, come on... No ability to change the pin? No ability to stop it broadcasting its availability? No ability to change its name so it doesn't scream "Hi, I'm a hackable piece of hardware!" to all within range? Gotta admit, I am with most posters on this one... Not worth purchasing until a secure version is available...
Same probs ere, Nokia 6600 UI only allows numerical characters when pairing with DBT-900AP. Does anyone know of any other software that can? Wot a pile of s%*t, even D-Link Technical Support seem to think this is a non-issue. Something like "that's the ways it is" and "it's only got a short range so shouldn't matter". Am I missing the point here? Anyone who wants to can compromise your network security and how the hell did a product like this get through D-Link's quality control with a fatal security flaw. And more to the point wot a waste of my time and money (delivery and collection costs).
Solution to change pin from D-Link at ftp://ftp.dlink.co.uk/wireless/DBT-900/ ;) Thxs 4 all ur help!
  • DrMaBuse
  • 加入日: 28 5月 2004
I downloaded the DBT-900_FW_TOOL.zip from the FTP site, but whatever I try to connect to the DBT-900AP I always get the same error-message, telling me that I need to connect using USB or Ethernet. I have a crossover cable between my PC and the DBT-900AP, but still I can't get it to work. The dbt-900_How_To_use_fwtool.pdf document starts at Step 2, indicating that some pages are missing ... Any hints for getting this damn password changed into numerics only ???
  • Mahesh
  • 加入日: 14 4月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Liverpool, UK
I'm liasing with D-Link on this one, will get back to you as soon as I get something. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
I had the same message for a short while - then, after it timed out, I pressed reset on the AP and it immediately showed as "found". Then I followed the on-screen prompts... and the password /PIN was reset ok! I even changed the name of the AP while I was at it! As for the instructions, I think step one must be "plug in LAN and switch on" :-) It worked for me, anyway. I'm connecting via an ethernet switch/hub.
  • DrMaBuse
  • 加入日: 28 5月 2004
Hmmm ... Thought I tried that just like I tried using another cable, a crossover cable and so on. ... the thing that finally made it work for me was to move everything from my Cisco switch, to a simpler, more stupid hub from Netgear :-) You're right: plug in all cables, make sure all lights are on, start the Firm2.exe on the PC and press the Reset button on the DBT-900AP Thanks guys ...
  • seanudal
  • 加入日: 7 10月 2004
Hi, I have the same problem, have firm2.exe software, but it will not connect to my DBT-900AP even if I reset the unit. It has the correct crossover cable. Would love some help. Thanks Sean
I have recently purchased a DBT900AP, and have not been able to get it on-line. A replacement was obtained, and exhibits the same symptoms. DHCP lease granted, but no response with 'Firm2.exe'. Tracking down the cause, I looked at the DHCP lease list in the Belkin router (DHCP host). One lease was for a DLINK network card, 00-50-BA-xx-xx-xx. This is correct as 00-50-BA is allocated to DLink in the OUI database maintained by the IEEE. The lease for one of the DBT900APs was xx-xx-xx-88-0D-00. Both DBTs had similar LAST digits, and varied on the first ones. This was very unusual. Checking the OUI database, siz MAC allocations are registered for DLink, one of them is 00-0D-88. It looks like some (all?) of these are sending out their MAC addresses in reverse-byte order. The DHCP server doesn't care, and allocated an IP address from the lease pool. However, the DLink utility software is broadcasting to 00-0D-88-xx-xx-xx MAC address range and getting no reply. Maybe other users with problems could investigate their MAC addresses and see if there is a common feature. I am hoping for a resolution from DLink. I have now had my enquiry passed up to a 'Level 2' technician. I wait .....
;