Compaq iPAQ h3760 Pocket PC – サポートフォーラム

upgradability of iPAQ 3760 to be able to detect speed traps [Compaq iPAQ h3760 Pocket PC - 101938]

Can the iPAQ 3760 be upgraded with software which allows it to be used in a car to detect speed traps?
  • Mahesh
  • 加入日: 14 4月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Liverpool, UK
As far as I'm aware no ... have you found any applications like that ? -- Mahesh - eXpansys
As far as I know there are no plans to upgrade the IPAQ fo such an application. I can however suggest a couple of other options. There is a device available which will allow you to detect speed cameras and laser traps called a Road Angel. I currently own one of these devices and have had no problems with it. However, I can't say that the police agree with me. It's saved my bacon(no pun intended) on many occasions. These are readily available and from what I have been told, can also be plugged into a laptop and used for Satellite Navigation. This second option will depend on the software on the laptop but I have been informed that Route 66™, Microsoft AutoRoute 2003™ and InfoMap Professional 7.0™ from Directions Ltd should work ok. Apparently this has been tested by the manufacturers of the Road Angel, which is a company called Black Spot Interactive.
  • Mahesh
  • 加入日: 14 4月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Liverpool, UK
Pete - Is this fully legal ? You can find more details of Road Angel here. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
Apologies for the delay. Yes, for now they are fully legal to use. However, the police as always are after more money from easy targets (motorists all have numberplates, easy to catch) and therefore may soon make some of the units illegal to use. As far as I can make out, it appears to be the ones that DETECT the speed traps instead of the ones like road angel using a database / GPRS connection. If you have a road angel, you aren't interfering with police signals/radio/transmissions so therefore aren't doing anything wrong. Further to this, there are updates available from a certain website which allows the use of Satnav systems like TomTom and Navman, etc, to SHOW LOCATIONS ONLY AS LONG AS they allow imported POI's or Points of Interest. If I am allowed to, I will reply to anyone who wants to know the site name. I'm unsure if I can put it into a post on your forum without you removing it. Please let me know?
;