Canon EOS 800D Digital SLR Camera + 18-55mm STM Lens Kit – サポートフォーラム

Canon EOS 800D Telephoto lens dilemma [Canon EOS 800D Digital SLR Camera + 18-55mm STM Lens Kit - 313154]

Looking to get a telephoto lens for my Canon 800D for wildlife photography, but I'd like to upgrade my camera body in the future. I'm aware that I'm running an entry level crop sensor at the moment and don't want to tie myself down to such a technology in the future. Ideally I'd like to move to full frame or better potentially?) when the time comes, but a lens is more important for now since I currently have a mechanical 55-250 kit lens from over 10 years ago old 450D). Should I be looking at lenses suited for full frame and put them on my cropped sensor for now? I'm looking at something with maximum reach of 400mm - 600mm, and obviously am looking for the sharpest and clearest picture possible. I enjoy traveling to the artic, but will also be spending time in tropical Southern America. My budget is around £1000 - £1500 or so, obviously lower the better. For a new body, I'm willing to spend up to £3000, but wont be doing so for some time yet. I've been a casual photographer for around 2 years now but I'm eager to step it up! Thank you all in advance!VidMate

;