ASUS M530W – サポートフォーラム

Unable to run CoPilot 7 Live - Can anyone help please? [ASUS M530W - 157538]

• Montala
  • 加入日: 23 2月 2008
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Herefordshire

Has anyone managed, or even tried to run ALK CoPilot 7 Live on their Asus530W please?

Although it appears to install correctly, as soon as I then try to run the program for the first time (before I even get to activate it) I just get a 75% blank screen with just the right hand (vertical) quarter still visible, if that makes sense, and there it stays!

I have already spent ages talking to CoPilot technical support, who have now escalated the problem as I have tried virtually everything, including going back to a 'factory reset' and starting from scratch as it were, using a different micro SD card etc., etc.

They implied that Expansys are also aware of this problem, so I would appreciate any help on this please.

Just to make things worse, I am not even able to run their (ALK's) CoPilot Central Desktop Software program on my main PC, owing to a separate 'bug' of which they are also aware.

Needless to say, I am not very happy at the moment.

• Montala
  • 加入日: 23 2月 2008
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Herefordshire

I had hoped for at least some sort of feedback here, but just in case anyone is interested, ALK have at last managed to find a solution for me.

What it appears was happening is that the program was trying to install in portrait, rather than landscape mode.

I was therefore asked to manually edit a small configuration file, by just changing a '1' to a '2', and it then ran and installed OK.

A few minutes later I was paired up with my Emtac Mini-S3 which accurately pinpointed my location.

Although the problem shouldn't have occured in the first place, it is encouraging that ALK were able to offer a solution. 

Oh, and they have also issued a separate patch file to enable CoPilot Central to run correctly on Vista based PC's!

;