Arkon XDA II CM532 Multimedia Long W/Shield Mount – サポートフォーラム

Phone Interference on Speaker [Arkon XDA II CM532 Multimedia Long W/Shield Mount - 110866]

• AG
  • 加入日: 9 6月 2004
When the XDA II is placed in the mount with the phone switched on, loud interference is picked up by the speaker, either intermitently when on standby or continuously when on a call. The interference/noise is the same that occurs when a mobile phone is too close to a PC or landline phone. This makes it impossible to use the mount when powered up and defeats the object of having the mount! Can this me fixed - if not I would like to return the product as it clearly does not work as intended with the XDA II. AG
  • Mahesh
  • 加入日: 14 4月 2003
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Liverpool, UK
Arkon are looking into it, however the key technical guy who supports the XDA II is on holiday so I only got a "maybe" reply. In the mean while if you want to return it, please email returns@expansys.com your order reference and a brief description of the issue. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Mahesh
From their senior technical person. Hello Mahesh, Regarding the customer question, the XDA power mount uses a special audio jack connection that allows for use of the built in microphone on the PDA phone. If the volume on the Power mount speaker is to the maximum or near the maximum the microphone in the XDA II will pick up the audio giving a distortion or echo to the caller on the other end. The way to eliminate this is by bringing the audio to about the halfway point on the volume control for the PDA mount. If this does not help there may be a bad shielding on that particular power cradle. If this is the case a replacement should fix the problem. This is only the case is distortion or echo is not eliminated by bringing the volume control on the cradle to the halfway point. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • AG
Mahesh Thanks for the follow-up. The issue is not distorion/echo nor is it resolved by the volume control - in fact it occurs even without the audio jack in place. The issue is picking up interence from the mobile operating and the only solution is to remove the power to the mount unit. I will e-mail returns as you suggested to get a replacement power cradle cheers AG
  • javi_a
  • 加入日: 25 6月 2004
creo entender que la pda xda 2 no funciona bien con el Arkon ... Es asi?? Me gustara que me dijeran si esto es asi ya que estaba dispuesto a comprarme uno. Un saludo
  • Mahesh
I have passed this on to the appropriate dept, will get back to you as soon as I hear anything. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • AG
Mahesh Just to let you know that I have received a replacement power mount and the same problem occurs - unacceptable interferanc from the mobile phone through the mount speaker even with the volume turned down to 0. Unless I have been unluckly with two mounts with bad shielding, my view is that this mount does not work with the XDA II. cheers AG
I have had the same problem. Basically I have to turn the phone function of the XDA off, which as you said defeats the object of using it! I bought this a couple of weeks ago - is it too late to have a refund?
  • calds
  • 加入日: 16 3月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Portugal
Hello, I have the Arkon XDA II CM532 Multimedia Long W/Shield Mount Anlise and a GPS bluetooth on my list of shop for my Qtek 2020... but after reads this forum... Im not so sure of bying this product.... Did it works good or not ??? when you talk about returns... the delivery coust dont be inclued ??... But the messenge is from Agust 2004.. did this problem resolved ? Sorry about my poor English..:)
;