Apple iPod 30GB – サポートフォーラム

Defective Screen on 30GB iPod [Apple iPod 30GB - 106305]

I received a 30GB iPod as a Xmas present -- lucky me -- but the screen had a fault. I returned it to eXpansys expecting an exchange for one of the units they have in stock, but no -- somehow they consider themselves immune to The Sale of Goods Act that governs the rest of the retail world in the UK. I don't want a refund, I want a working product for the cash they happily banked before Xmas. I don't want to wait weeks for them to get their engineers to examine the unit I returned to them (at my expense) to accept the screen is faulty. I don't want to have to have to chase Apple, I want eXpansys to honour their duty to the consumer as a responsible retailer. I read some of the other posts on the support forum and wondered if all the customers are happy with the support / customer service they receive ? Can anyone advise how to get good legal support in this cases ?
What was your screen fault? I had an issue with 'photo-elasticity' on 20Gb iPods from the Apple Store. Rainbow-like effect top centre on the screen, just below the headphone socket. 3 iPods all had the same effect! Think this is either a design or manufacturing assembly issue - effect shows area of strain on LCD screens. You can get the same effect if you pinch the edge of a lap-top screen. Don't know about expansys after sales support, not used 'em (yet). Yes you are right, the duty to resolve this issue is with the seller not the supplier. If you want legal advice I would suggest looking at the small claims court. Most co's it seems do not want the court action - costs/adverse publicity etc.... If you do go to Apple - you will need to call Apple care and be prepared for very long waits. Hopefully your present was bought on VISA so you can get them to sort it for you - not quick though. Good luck, Pyracantha NB full refunds on all free advice!
  • Mahesh
  • 加入日: 14 4月 2003
  • 居住地: Liverpool, UK
Hi Consumer_rights, Can you please email me your orde reference please ? I'll get the appropriate dept looking into this ASAP. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • comtecni
  • 加入日: 11 3月 2005
I had a similar problem a while back about a screen on an Ericsson MC200 from expansys. They offered me no support and pretty much told me it was my fault and charged me to return the unfixed item. Do what I do now, buy all from amazon.co.uk. I got a 20gb ipod in October 2004 and it broke last week so I rang amazon and without argument they offered a full refund for the item or replacement. I took the refund so I could buy a 30gb photo model (from amazon, of course). Sometimes amazon might be slightly more expensive but it's worth it in the long run (and they've got the new models in already).
  • rhys105
  • 加入日: 12 7月 2006
i will fix it for £30 contact me at rhysharrison@your-mail.com
  • tdck
  • 加入日: 1 1月 2007
but can i know wat the problem is.... is it with the display... and how it can be solved....
  • tdck
  • 加入日: 1 1月 2007
but can i know wat the problem is.... is it with the display... and how it can be solved....
;