3Com ADSL 11g Wireless Firewall/Router + FREE PC Card – サポートフォーラム

IPAQ h4150 using WPA-PSK and 3CRWE754G72-A connectivity issues [3Com ADSL 11g Wireless Firewall/Router + FREE PC Card - 110680]

• ukanalyst
  • 加入日: 15 10月 2004
Is anyone else using an IPAQ with built in WiFi (like the h4150) with this router? If so do you experience any problems with WiFi Connectivity? I am using an IPAQ h4150 and have had no end of problems with it not obtaining an IP Address intermittently or refusing to connect with the router or convinced that the router is called " " even though the SSID is switched off. 3Com have sent me a replacement unit which has identical problems and I have downgraded back to 1.23 as this was their WiFi Certified release and still have the same issues. 3Com are now suggesting that the issue may be with Hp's implementation of WiFi in the H4150 as their test apparently don't show the same issues. I'm getting really frustrated with this device now, it seems I have to reboot every other time I want to use my Wireless laptop or IPAQ and have two reboot at least twice in succession sometimes to get them both connected! Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance Dave
  • dc500
  • 加入日: 2 9月 2003
Dave This issue has been discussed in a number of threads here and elsewhere. I have exactly the same problem relating to acquiring an IP address with 2 x Wireless laptop clients, one a Tosh Tecra S1 with an internal PCI Centrino 11b wireless adaptor and the other a Compaq Armada 1500 with a new 3COM PCMCIA 11g card (the one that came with the router). As with you, 3Com have denied that they can reproduce the problem. I too have downgraded to 1.23 firmware on their advice. This has not solved the problem (although it appears to be less frequent with 1.23 based on a very limited test period of four days infrequent use). While 3Com's support person is responsive, the responses do not appear to be solving the problem. Perhaps Expansys should put pressure on 3com to 1. Acknowledge the problem exists and 2. solve it. Dave Curran
  • ukanalyst
  • 加入日: 15 10月 2004
Dave, My support case notes with 3Com will be tens of pages long by now. I have performed extensive testing and sent results and procedures to them on several occasions. However I personally feel (although I haven't discussed this with 3Com) that the issue is deeper rooted than 3Coms implementation of their firmware on this device, I believe that the issue must be hardware rooted. The reason I feel this is that as you may be aware this exact unit is actually used by SMC and Belkin with different firmware versions and plastic tops placed on. You can actually flash SMC or Belkin firmware onto this device by changing the signature at the end of the flash code with a hex editor. I did in fact flash my original unit to SMC firmware in the hope that it may cure my issues but I found pretty much identical issues. Having said that as I mentioned in another post I am currently using an a/b/g access point for my WiFi connectivity that 3Com sent me for test purposes and although this runs very stable for the majority of the time I have noticed issues with this also. Firstly when I first installed this unit it refused to complete the installation, it would constantly crash at one point of the set-up wizard. Using knowledge of the format of the Routers firmware I had to manually type in the address for the LAN Settings page, change the set-up on there and it would eventually allow me to get into and configure the unit elegantly. Secondly when this unit is hard power cycled it sits and works fine for a while but after a short time it refuses to acknowledge some devices and let them connect, a soft reset (using the management interface reboot option) seems to cure this until the next time it is hard power cycled. And thirdly this unit suffers the same security exploit as the router did in FW versions prior to 1.28 (in fact the only reason 1.28 was released was to cure this after I raised a high level support request with a 3Com support manager). I have told 3Com about this yet strangely they do not appear to be concerned! If you are interested in this exploit you can read my post here: http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=1384&PN=1 I have used 3Com in the past and have always known that they were no where near up to the standards of high end kit such as Cisco but after this experience it is very doubtful I will ever buy 3Com again, they have some serious issues to sort out! Regards Dave
  • tarcucci
  • 加入日: 3 9月 2005
I have the same problem after upgrade the firmware to v.1.31. 3CRWE754G72 works fine only with 3COM USB 3CRWE254G72 adapter. With any other wifi adapter ( in particular with my Centrino notebook internal adapter !!!), It works fine only there is a DHCP in the LAN. Have You resolved the problem ? Thank You in advance. Tony
;