3Com ADSL 11g Firewall Router + FREE WiFi PC Card – サポートフォーラム

ROUTER KEEPS CRASHING [3Com ADSL 11g Firewall Router + FREE WiFi PC Card - 118595]

I BOUGHT ONE OF THESE ABOUT SEPT / OCT 04 FROM EXPANSYS IT IS LINKED TO A 3C OFFICE CONNECT WIRELESS ACCESS POINT. PREVIOUSLY WIRELESS SURFING OF THE NET WAS OK LINKED THROUGH THE ACCESS POINT AND WAS STABLE, BUT WIRELESS SURFING VIA THE FIREWALL ROUTER WOULD CAUSE IT TO CRASH AFTER ABOUT 20 MINS. AT THAT POINT I COULD NOT CONNECT WIRELESSLY NOR HARD WIRE TO THE FIREWALL ROUTER AND LOG INTO THE INTERNET OR ROUTER MENU. iE APPEARED LOCKED UP. THE BOX STILL SHOWED ON LINE BY THE INDICTOR LIGHTS. THE ONLY WAY TO REMEDY THIS SITUATION WAS TO POWER CYCLE THE BOX AND REBOOT THE pc HOWEVER, NOW, WHEN I TRY THIS I CANNOT GET ON LINE. THE BOX SHOWS AS SYNCHRONISED AND ON LINE BY THE INDICATOR LIGHTS AFTER A COUPLE OF MINUTES BUT I CANNOT LOG ON OR PING WEB ADDRESSES. I CAN HOWEVER ACCESS THE ROUTER MENU AND IT SUGGESTS I AM DISCONNECTED. DO YOU THINK THIS IS A FIRMWARE PROBLEM OR A HARDWARE FAULT. I LIKE THE ROUTER BUT AM LOTHE TO BUY ANOTHER IF SIMILAR PROBS HAVE BEEN REPORTED PREVIOUSLY 3 COM HAVE BEEN UNHELPFUL
Dear David, It is very difficult to say whether it is a firmware or hardware issue based on the information provided here. In order to speed up the process and provide you with a solution to your issue. please contact 3Com technical support. -- Bill Assim Technical Support 3Com Ltd
;