3 USB Modem + Mobile Broadband – サポートフォーラム

7.2mb/s upgrade link? [3 USB Modem + Mobile Broadband - 161860]

Seen this mentioned online but yet to find it?

Any clues?

Richard

• Yoni
  • 加入日: 14 1月 2004
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): Manchester UK

I have checked both ZTE and Three's site, no luck on either.  

Yoni,
eXpansys Product Support,
Forum Search

• anitalg
  • 加入日: 4 3月 2006
  • 居住地(例:Japan, Tokyo): fingers in ears singing lala
According to our 3 rep they should do it automatically, they are in his words "futureproof" so as the network has the speed the modem will cope with it.  The white Huweii ones wont but zte should

Thanks both of you. Don't think '3' can do 7.2 mbps but fleabay sellers are claiming it trying to flog the ZTE modem on pre-pay as 'unlocked and upgraded' - I assume what they do is just a de-brand then.

I've seen the Huawei upgrade and was hoping there was something similar as I do also use 3G using a Phoebus router and Option PCMCIA as now these dongles are so cheap I am thinking of ditching the it as it's flakey in the extreme  - but at least it's future-proof. Ish.

Richard

• anitalg
In theory they can do 7.2 somewhere in the country maybe! We were told that the older ones wouldnt do it tho so would be very dubious.

Cool. I thought it was only Vodamoan with the 7.2 HSDPA? The older ones would have to have different FCC certification / BABT type approval if they are physically different - so they'd have a different part number. I think it more likely they have different firmware. 

Richard.

• anitalg
Voda are, dont know if anyone gets it tho... 3 advertise 'up to 2.8' although actually an awful lot of people get 3.6. Their average speed is 1.5 ish, i got 3.6 at work and it was fine for the basic stuff i needed. However the MODEM can cope with 7.2. I love the way its all worded! Pretty keen on price tho.

i work for 3, from what i know and from what im told...

The 3 Network can only do upto 2.8 mbps (that's what's advertised). The Huawei E169G and Huawei E160G are both capable of doing speeds of upto 7mbps where as the E220 and the ZTE can get something upto 3.6 mbps but as the network can only get upto 2.8mbps, that is all you should be able to get, however, i have had soem customers come back to tell me that they have had been able to receive faster speeds (upto 3.6).

i hope you got that. when we sell it we just mention that by getting the E169G or the E160G your modem will be futureproof because when the 3's speeds increase you will be able to take advantage of the faster speeds with the these, upto 7mbps whereas the zte and e220 will limit you to 3.6.

like i said, i hope that makes sense.

ash 

;